Pioneers in Culture:
- is an international concert and artist agency for classical music
- (re)presents talented and young international artists and ensembles
- is based in The Netherlands
- is active as an international touring company for symphony orchestras
- produces classical music projects ranging from small ensembles to large orchestras
- provides advice on all areas of the performing arts
- is specialised in all facets of the performing arts
- is experienced in programming, production and announcement in the Dutch broadcasting services, international orchestral management and advisory positions, including the Dutch Fund for Performing Arts and the Bank of Dutch Municipalities
- has an extensive international network in the world of performing arts
- maintains intensive contacts with the main international venues including the Concertgebouw Amsterdam and De Doelen Rotterdam
What we do
The primary consideration of all our activities is the love of classical music and the performing arts in particular.
Our main goal is to provide the best conditions for all our artists, ensembles and orchestras in order to create inspirational concerts at the highest level.
Through our passion for the performing arts we present you the best the arts can offer.
Who we are
Pioneers in Culture was founded in 2005 by Pieter Pryck, formerly employed in the Dutch broadcasting services and active in the orchestral management and artistic issues for various symphony orchestras in The Netherlands.
Pieter Pryck has many years’ experience in the world of classical music and the performing arts. Educated as a professional flutist at the Royal Conservatory in The Hague in the ‘70’s, he was appointed co-creator and producer for the department of Classical Music at the AVRO in 1980, the foremost Broadcasting Service in The Netherlands for classical music.
During that time he was responsible for all projects with the radio orchestras and live broadcasts of the major national orchestras including the Royal Concertgebouw Orchestra. He conceived and developed the format for the Sunday Morning Concert Series at the Concertgebouw in Amsterdam in 1995, which since that time has become the most important and certainly most successful concert series for classical music in the Netherlands.
From 1996-2005 he was manager of the Netherlands Symphony Orchestra, where he very successfully cooperate with Jaap van Zweden as principal conductor. The Netherlands Symphony Orchestra undertook several international tours to the UK, Spain and the United States of America with a special highlight performance at Carnegie Hall, New York.
For many years he was chairman of the Dutch Foundation for the Performing Arts in both the Music Committee and the Committee for Foreign Scholarships. He is music advisor to the Culture Board of The Dutch Local Government Bank (Bank Nederlandse Gemeenten).
Pieter Pryck has written several articles on classical music, was critic for many years and announced many classical concerts. As interim manager for artistic and business affairs, he worked with several Dutch orchestras including the Rotterdam Philharmonic Orchestra, the Amsterdam Baroque Orchestra & Choir Ton Koopman and recently with the Netherlands Radio Philharmonic Orchestra and the Netherlands Radio Chamber Philharmonic: both orchestras belong to the Music Centre of the Dutch Broadcasting Organizations (MCO) in Hilversum.
Pryck is a networker pur sang, with many and varied contacts and inputs in the rich network of the performing arts for classical music in The Netherlands and abroad.
Pioneers in Culture is a member of the International Arts and Management Association (IAMA) and keeps a close watch on the latest international developments within the performing arts.